Position: Part Time Retail Sales Associate
We believe that you will be an integral part of cultivating a friendly and warm shopping experience for our KIN customers. We do this through organic customer service, product knowledge, operational routines and overall upkeep within a hospitality driven team environment to create interpersonal relationships with our clients.
We strive to curate an experience that makes everyone feel welcome and a part of our family. We offer exceptional customer service, extensive knowledge on trends, fits and carry inclusively sized contemporary clothing, accessories and wardrobe services for the modern womxn. Our service, stories, ideas, products and images are meant to inspire and empower customers to create and own their personal style.
Who you are:
You’re passionate about retail and the fashion industry. You excel in creating the best guest experience within and outside KIN. You deliver this experience by connecting and maintaining relationships with our guests, speaking authentically about our products, community and culture.
Job Responsibility including but not limited to:
- Create relationships with guests to create excitement and fun about our culture, product and community/ Provide relevant and detailed product knowledge of all KIN merchandise including but not limited to fabric types, washing instructions, garment fits etc.
- Communicate with customers courteously and promptly in-person, via phone, email or social media.
- Foster connections by putting customers first and building trusting relationships through wardrobe styling and authentic personal interaction.
- Receive and process stock, including: unpacking, counting, tagging as required, folding, sizing and placing on the floor,
- Assist in managing inventory in store and online.
- Assist in preparing the store for the day including: replenishing garment styles and other merchandise by color, size, and quantity requirements; folding, sizing, merchandising and changing mannequins as needed to maximize sell-through
- Answer store phones and respond to social media as needed.
- Handles customer transactions at the register and packages purchases according to KIN standards in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Replenishes all merchandise consistently throughout the day to ensure full inventory on the shop floor.
- Arrange shipping from store to guests.
- Upkeeps overall cleanliness of store, fitting rooms, and basement.
- Assist in closing and opening the store for the day including: cleaning, collecting and removing trash.
- Maintaining the safety of the store by locking and performing the necessary opening and closing duties.
- Adheres to our KIN values, policies and procedures according to our handbook.
Who your leader is: Store Manager
- Where you spend your time: Retail floor
- Part time: up to 30 hours/week (including nights/weekends)
- Pay: Competitive / based upon experience
Qualified candidates possess the following:
- Exceptional customer service, positive energy and interpersonal skills
- Ability to recognize and execute selling opportunities
- Ability to run a POS (Square and Shopify experience appreciated)
- Lively interest and knowledge in fashion, styling and design trends.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize the customer first mentality.
- Ability to work alone and take initiative; uses best judgement on the sales floor and beyond.
- Ability to stay on task with a reliable and consistent sense of urgency with customers and operations.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- College graduate or equivalent preferred
- At least 1 year of experience in direct customer service, retail industry and existing client book preferred.
- Must commit to safe practices regarding COVID-19.
- Evening, weekend, and holiday availability required.
- Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds, ability to stand for long periods of time
- Reliable and punctual a must
To apply: email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Sales position. Please no calls!